Web Developer Job Description
We are looking for a talented and adaptable full-stack web developer who has experience working with React. You’ll have a knack for wanting to solve complex technical challenges and enjoy wearing many hats in a fast-paced, growing digital design agency.
Psychoactive Studios is a fast-growing, award-winning digital agency headquartered in Wellington, New Zealand. We’re Aoteroa’s largest Webflow agency, helping international organisations to grow and thrive through delivering digital branding, strategy, design, development and marketing solutions. We work with a range of clients around the world - from game development, virtual reality and blockchain, to festivals, cannabis and marketing agencies. Our team of innovative designers and developers make creative use of emerging web technology to provide clients with a digital edge.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an extraordinarily talented developer who can join our team as a Fullstack Developer. You’ll be jumping right into the deep end, assisting the team to develop high performing websites and web apps for some of the world’s most exciting up and coming companies/projects. Every project we work on has the intention of being award winning, so you’ll need to be a high achieving, innovative, self motivated individual.
A breakdown of the ideal candidates skills looks like:
- Web development mastermind
- Background in computer science, creative coding or similar
- Creative problem solving
- Good math literacy
- Highly literate and able to understand and communicate complex ideas in writing
- Great communication & teamwork skills
- Dynamic and able to adapt to a quickly changing industry
- Ability to write clean code
- Ability to wear many hats
We’ll be interviewing both intermediates and seniors for this role, with salary to match. Passion, innovation, collaboration, and integrity is more important to us than your current skill level.
How you’ll fit into Psychoactive
You’ll be the go-to person on our team for technical help and will primarily be working with React, WebGL and Webflow projects. While your primary role is development, there are endless opportunities for you to grow as your most authentic self and work within the entire production pipeline. From account management, branding, web strategy, web UI & UX design, animation, marketing and analytics, our multidisciplinary team enjoys the freedom and autonomy to pivot and grow into their areas of interest.
- Animating in Adobe After Effects
- Analysing and responding to analytics
- Working in a team
What you’ll get:
- The best working environment – be part of a young dynamic team with the office located on Wellington’s bustling Cuba street.
- Genuine support - our team is filled with a bunch of extremely talented, world class, caring people who want to see you grow and thrive with us.
- An insane portfolio - work on your dream projects that create impact, and add value to society
- A good challenge - we are always pushing the envelope. You’ll be working in the cutting edge of web design and development
Opportunities like this don’t come up often. If you want to accelerate your career and believe you’ve got what it takes, apply now with your CV, portfolio and cover letter explaining why you are the star we’ve been searching for! Applications must have a valid New Zealand work visa and be available to work from our office in Wellington. Applications close as soon as we find our star.
Contract length: 6 months
Expected Start Date: 19/01/2022
Salary: $60,000.00 – $75,000.00 per year
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Overtime pay
- Temporarily due to COVID-19